In his letter to Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, President Victor Yushchenko drew her attention to problems in agriculture that had been formulated at his meeting with agrarians on November 12.
- The most important, according to President, among these problems were:
- reduction of prices for agricultural goods
- insufficient financing of the Agrarian Fund
- challenges connected with exporting large amounts of grain and sunflower seeds that are available after this year’s record harvest
- absence of positive development in cattle breeding due to increase of imports
- deterioration of loaning conditions for agrarians
- foreseeing proper financing of agrarian sector in 2009 State Budget
President requested the Prime Minister to urgently examine these problems and apply proper measures to resolve them.